Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on September 02, 2015, 03:17:36 pm

Title: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 02, 2015, 03:17:36 pm
It appealed at the time; now, I'm less happy. Thoughts? Room for improvement?

Jeremy
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: RSL on September 02, 2015, 03:25:35 pm
Congratulations, Jeremy. You're no longer a croc. Nice picture too.
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: MattBurt on September 02, 2015, 03:35:30 pm
Nice shot with good front to back sharpness. Nice color on the rocks and sky.
Looks like the Colorado along 128 between Castle Valley and Moab.
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 03, 2015, 03:40:04 am
Nice shot with good front to back sharpness. Nice color on the rocks and sky.
Looks like the Colorado along 128 between Castle Valley and Moab.

Thanks - yes, that's pretty much where it is. Taken from my room at the hotel (Red Cliffs Lodge, I think it was called). Lazy, I know.

Jeremy
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: AreBee on September 03, 2015, 04:18:25 am
Jeremy,

Quote
It appealed at the time; now, I'm less happy. Thoughts?

Why are you now less happy?
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 03, 2015, 02:22:07 pm
Jeremy,

Why are you now less happy?

Probably mostly because I'm not there any more! I had a damn good few days in that area.

It just doesn't look as good as I recall it, I suppose. Nothing I can put my finger on.

Jeremy
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 08, 2015, 02:39:02 pm
Brandt suggested b&w. I think it's interesting. Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: MattBurt on September 08, 2015, 04:23:18 pm
Probably mostly because I'm not there any more! I had a damn good few days in that area.

It just doesn't look as good as I recall it, I suppose. Nothing I can put my finger on.

Jeremy

It might be that being there in person is kind of mind blowing, especially if it's your first visit. But we have all seen photos of it so when you see your photo it's no longer an amazing first time immersive experience.
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 08, 2015, 05:07:59 pm
Brandt suggested b&w. I think it's interesting. Comments?

Jeremy
I like the B&W a lot better than the color version.

That's the same "English countryside" as in your storm photo, but a few minutes earlier (or later) I guess.   ;)
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: Colorado David on September 08, 2015, 09:54:19 pm
I'm willing to bet the moon was bigger in your memory than it appears in the image. ;)
Title: Re: rocks, clouds, moon
Post by: francois on September 09, 2015, 07:36:08 am
B & W definitely transforms this shot and now you should be fully satisfied.