Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: tom b on August 31, 2015, 12:13:18 am
-
I'm a long time user of Photoshop.
Save for web has changed.
Cropping has changed.
Resize image has changed.
Who is trying to drive me me crazy?
Just frustrated!
-
I like the new crop tool, just took some time getting used to. You can still check "legacy" if you prefer the old way.
Image Size I can't even remember what it used to look like. The only thing I'd like to see is parallel columns for pixels and physical print size, side by side, instead of the rolldown. Maybe that would clutter the whole dialog too much visually. But if it could be done, it would be a whole lot easier to explain the concept of resolution to beginners.
-
Image size.
It used to be width then resolution. Now it is resolution then width. Go figure!
Cheers,
-
Save for Web is now under Export. Still works the same - hope they keep it.
-
ACR then…
Cropping has changed.
Resize image has changed.
Save for web has changed.
Please don't drive me crazy!
-
Adapt or perish.
-
I've been adapting for a long time. However, change to feed new products with no additional benefits drives me crazy!
Cheers,
-
Actually there is a benefit. "Export As" - once finished - should be faster than Save For Web and better equipped to deal with big files.
The new crop tool is more in line with how it works in other applications. Give it a shot, you might end up preferring it over the old one (as I do).
Image Size is, well...meh. I'm not really happy with either, I think the whole function should be redesigned from scratch.
What's the problem with ACR? I've seen nothing but clear improvements all the way.
-
I've been adapting for a long time. However, change to feed new products with no additional benefits drives me crazy!
There's a simple answer; You don't have to change, just use what you're happy with and pocket the difference.
-
I'm a long time user of life.
Definition of marriage has changed.
Definition of gender has changed.
Definition of normal has changed.
Who is trying to drive me crazy?
;)
-
"What's the problem with ACR? I've seen nothing but clear improvements all the way."
I never said anything bad about ACR, it is what happens after!
The old cropping tool was simple, draw a "rectangle", press return.
The old resize was pretty simple, select size then resolution.
Saving for the web, hey select "Save for web".
It was simple and straightforward, why change something that isn't broken?
Cheers,
-
I'm a long time user of life.
Definition of marriage has changed.
Definition of gender has changed.
Definition of normal has changed.
Who is trying to drive me crazy?
;)
Slobodan,
Once again, you've provided me with a really good laugh. Keep it up.
Brad
-
Slobodan,
Once again, you've provided me with a really good laugh. Keep it up.
Brad
Psssttt! Keep it between the two of us... there are members here who consider my posts a "juvenile drivel" and whine to moderators ;)
-
I just may whine to moderators that we need more juvenile drivel from Slobodan. ;)
-
Updates are made to make your life easier. Holy crap, I have entered a whole new level of frustration, not happy!
Cheers,
-
I'm another who doesn't like the new crop tool, there was nothing wrong with the old one. It seems to be change for change sake not to actually make the application better, OK it's closer to other applications but shouldn't they be getting changed to be like the mature product of Photoshop not the other way around?
Regards Wayne
-
I'm another who doesn't like the new crop tool, there was nothing wrong with the old one. It seems to be change for change sake not to actually make the application better, OK it's closer to other applications but shouldn't they be getting changed to be like the mature product of Photoshop not the other way around?
Regards Wayne
You can change the crop tool back to “classic mode”. With the crop tool selected go to the tools option bar (just below the top of the window) and click on the toothed wheel. You can then select “Use Classic Mode”. QED.
-
Life, I must admit that I'm getting used to adjusting the four sides of an image before I crop instead of drawing a rectangle. Hey, I've even learnt to change the Resolution before I change the Width when saving images. Crappy software changes happen!
Cheers,
-
the frustration for me is that they seem to be disconnected from the user base enough to not realize how important productivity is to many of us. Most of us need to work efficiently, to have to search for a moved tool that was second nature, or relearn some function we could practically do in our sleep because somebody had some nifty interface idea indicates a disconnect. Particularly when effectiveness is unchanged. Plus, it often feels like make-work stuff for them... not an encouraging endeavor.
All this of course doesn't apply to new features an improvements. Just venting as long as the thread is here anyway...
-
Happy to announce that Elements 6 is still working on my XP machine just as it has these past 5+ years ;D
If it ain't broke, . . .
Ted