Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on August 26, 2015, 08:37:00 am
-
I'm very attracted to this image, however I can't make up my mind as to cropping the right hand side to take out the light and the frame. The image hasn't been cropped on the right so it is as seen. A stormy day and a few libations meant it wasn't framed wider. TIA. :)
-
I'm very attracted to this image, however I can't make up my mind as to cropping the right hand side to take out the light and the frame. The image hasn't been cropped on the right so it is as seen. A stormy day and a few libations meant it wasn't framed wider. TIA. :)
I like it less without the light.
Jeremy
-
Maybe it's just me but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive composition and for my taste not enough light in the people. Dare I ask if there are a few halos? The B&W tones are lovely.
Mike
-
It's not just you, Mike. Stamper's a much, much better photographer than this. It's basically a tourist shot -- the kind of thing you might snap on a ferry to remind you of your vacation. But I suspect Stamper knows a lot more about this picture than the picture tells us, and that probably gave it more meaning in his own mind than we can get from the picture. I understand. I do it often enough to recognize the symptoms.
-
The illustrator in me says just clone it out,
Cheers,