Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: heyyrobert on August 26, 2015, 03:45:49 am
-
Hey everyone,
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, as I couldn't find anything via search.
Without downloading Canon's software, I installed drivers for my new Pixma Pro-100 via Apple Software Update, and got to working. However, I noticed that no matter what software I use (C1, Photoshop, LR, Preview), I'm forced to have a .56in border on one of the short sides. I can't center my images without increasing the border size on the other sides.
(I like printing with a .5in border anyway, so it's not a huge deal, but it does take away if I want a cut image close to full 8.5x11 or 8x10)
Does anyone have any answers or suggestions, or has anyone else seen this? it might be a normal issue with the printer, and I'm okay if that's the case - just want a harder answer.
ALSO
Does anyone have any tips and tricks to get the most out of Smooth Pearl? Bought it as my first try for digital paper, as I loved Ilford Pearl BW darkroom paper. My initial prints are fantastic! Sharp and detailed, with great color for my work that leans in the cool tones, but I'm open to any alternatives. I just use Ilford's ICC profile for the Pixma 100 when I print, and add some additional contrast.
-
I'm using the Pro 100 under Windows and when the printer driver is set to normal the minimal margins on the long sides are 3.4 mm, top is 3.0 mm and bottom is 5.0 mm.
It can be set to Borderless Printing in the driver, with minimal margins of 0 then, of course.
I don't use Borderless, so I can't say how it works in practice, but at least the driver let it set to.
Hope it helps
Dieter