Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: haring on August 23, 2015, 09:53:05 am

Title: Best photo locations in Athens, Greece? Also, any underwater location?
Post by: haring on August 23, 2015, 09:53:05 am
What are the best photo locations in and around Athens, Greece? I will be shooting a wedding there and I would like to take some cool photos with the bride and groom!
Have you ever been there? What location was you favorite? Do you have any photos you can show us?

Also, any great underwater photo location close to Athens? Any islands which is easy to get to? I would love to have crystal clear water... I would like to take the couple underwater and make some cool underwater portraits....

Thanks so much!
Title: Re: Best photo locations in Athens, Greece? Also, any underwater location?
Post by: haring on August 25, 2015, 09:50:38 pm
Update. I am here in Greece. They are really strict at Acropolis. I was there yesterday evening. You can only take photos as a "tourist". They mean it! :) I don't think it will work out there...
Title: Re: Best photo locations in Athens, Greece? Also, any underwater location?
Post by: Colorado David on August 25, 2015, 10:43:12 pm
Wow.  I was there and Ancient Corinth in 1997 and shot video from a tripod with a wireless mic on talent.  I just asked politely.  Same thing worked in the Athens Museum.  We shot quite a bit of material at the top of Mars Hill also.  I used a Sony DSR-130 which a substantial camera.  Things must have changed a bit.