Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 20, 2015, 10:44:43 pm

Title: Precarious Perch
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 20, 2015, 10:44:43 pm
Brown Anole
Title: Re: Precarious Perch
Post by: stamper on August 21, 2015, 06:24:04 am
Yes. Very likeable and the receding Dof at the top helps make the image. Was that intentional or accidental?
Title: Re: Precarious Perch
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 21, 2015, 07:55:55 am
Shot with an 80-400 at 400 4/5.6, at f/8 there is going to be considerable DoF drop off. My focus was on his perch and facial expression, everything else being irrelevant. More a serendipitous shot as I was headed to my car when I chanced upon him on a Crepe Myrtle branch bordering my driveway. I sort of, kind of hope I am past accidents but I know, like we all do, sometimes they occur with great results. Today's was a planned shot.  :)