Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on August 20, 2015, 07:34:36 am

Title: Two Birdies
Post by: stamper on August 20, 2015, 07:34:36 am
Does the pigeon add or detract from the image? I am trying to visualise a connection but finding it hard.
Title: Re: Two Birdies
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 20, 2015, 09:52:50 am
I think it would work better if the pigeon were looking the other way, as if wondering what the other birdie was drawing.
Title: Re: Two Birdies
Post by: RSL on August 20, 2015, 10:54:01 am
Or in the air, threatening to poop on the artist. That would add uncertainty. Will he or won't he?
Title: Re: Two Birdies
Post by: spidermike on August 20, 2015, 11:25:50 am
flip the pigeon and move it top right and have it critiquing the drawing.
Title: Re: Two Birdies
Post by: stamper on August 21, 2015, 03:27:51 am
I guess the little birdie will have to go. :(
Title: Re: Two Birdies
Post by: drmike on August 21, 2015, 10:05:52 am
The way I see this all the flow is from left to right, the face (and nose, the bird and the sheet of paper all drive towards the right edge. The corner of the paper touches that edge and my eye escapes that way. Removing the pigeon won't really change this. Is this a crop and is there a small strip of paving available on the right?
Title: Re: Two Birdies
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 21, 2015, 11:52:47 am
flip the pigeon and move it top right and have it critiquing the drawing.
I'm with Mike on this one. Not difficult with context-aware move in PS.

Title: Re: Two Birdies
Post by: francois on August 21, 2015, 01:25:23 pm
I'm with Mike on this one. Not difficult with context-aware move in PS.



Excellent suggestion… easier said than done!