Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on August 20, 2015, 05:53:38 am
-
Which one to choose?
-
For me, the second one.
Having two people in the first with heavy shadows sort of blurs the impact of the pedestrian.
In the second one there also seems to be more of an interaction between the pedestrian and the figure on the lower wall - like he is deliberately ignoring the offer of a flower. The two girls seem to be blithely ignorant of the offer.
-
I like the second photo. The single figure facing the large graphic is more direct. Right now, it looks appears there are three photos within the photo. What happens if you crop the top half and display it next to the bottom half? I think this will work as a set of photos rather than an individual. The elements are eye-catching: murals, pedestrian, tension between red and blue, and finally the window.
-
Talk about an ideal setup! Good thinking, Stamper. Good looking!
-
Russ thanks. This street has several murals and I saw a possible connection between the murals and passer bys. Some of them are tenuous.
-
Great shots, Stamper!
I also prefer the second for the reasons others have mentioned.