Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: torger on August 12, 2015, 11:29:04 am

Title: Can't enable Capture One 8 DB [solved]
Post by: torger on August 12, 2015, 11:29:04 am
I run Capture One about once every six months. Now I was about to test out a workflow and something with the license handling is totally broken.

I want to run Capture One 8 DB, no fuzz, no activation code. But the software complains that there is no valid code, probably because once there was a Capture One 7 installed. Reading on the web it says there should be a "deactivate" button but there isn't. If I try to enter an email address in the window, the software locks up. There's just "activate..." cancel, help and buy. There is no option to deactivate or switch to DB. I've tried uninstall an reinstall, same result. I guess the computer is tainted somewhere with an old license code for an old version.

I can't get past this. Any tips?

EDIT: the problem solved, read the thread to see how.
Title: Re: Can't enable Capture One 8 DB
Post by: torger on August 12, 2015, 02:27:21 pm
Uhh, forgot to say that I'm on mac 10.10. Tried appcleaner, didn't work either.

Installed a windows version on another box, worked like a clock.

Feels silly having to reinstall the whole mac to be able to get a working Capture One...
Title: Re: Can't enable Capture One 8 DB
Post by: AlterEgo on August 12, 2015, 02:49:05 pm
may be

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1167&LanguageID=1
https://captureintegration.com/how-to-cleanly-uninstall-capture-one-pro-on-os-x-10-7-10-8/
Title: Re: Can't enable Capture One 8 DB
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on August 12, 2015, 04:10:00 pm
Hi Torger,

Try this quick fix.  Just rename the app to something else.  Try Capture One 8 for example.

See if that helps!

D

Title: Re: Can't enable Capture One 8 DB [solved]
Post by: torger on August 14, 2015, 07:13:52 am
Thanks, renaming it did the trick!