Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on August 10, 2015, 12:02:06 am

Title: Sparse and Not
Post by: BobDavid on August 10, 2015, 12:02:06 am
A few new ones.
Title: Re: Sparse and Not
Post by: stamper on August 10, 2015, 03:43:22 am
These two images are well worth looking at. The declining sizes in the first makes it a very fine image imo. Though the second looks busy it works very well. The placement of the huts makes the image. You have two very fine images that were well worth posting! An after thought....WOW.
Title: Re: Sparse and Not
Post by: BobDavid on August 10, 2015, 08:23:07 am
Thanks, Stamper!
Title: Re: Sparse and Not
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 10, 2015, 09:28:45 am
I agree with what Stamper said.

Bob, you really have created a new genre with your split-screen images. You are one of a small handful of LuLa posters that I can count on to show interesting, well-thought-out images.
Title: Re: Sparse and Not
Post by: Bob_B on August 10, 2015, 09:33:55 am
I agree with Eric, unique and thought-provoking images. It would be a treat to see your 'collection' in a gallery, as you've developed a couple of themes that resonate throughout your photos. Kudos to you!
Title: Re: Sparse and Not
Post by: Bruce Cox on August 10, 2015, 10:40:07 am
In the first one, I like your locating the horizon at the surf and the rather beach colored sky. 

The bathers seem to relate to each other better; being more on the same page.
Title: Re: Sparse and Not
Post by: RSL on August 10, 2015, 12:09:32 pm
I agree with what Stamper said.

Bob, you really have created a new genre with your split-screen images. You are one of a small handful of LuLa posters that I can count on to show interesting, well-thought-out images.


+1