Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: fotolli on August 09, 2015, 04:37:01 pm
-
Hi all,
I shoot food and I am thinking about buying a LEAF Credo 50, but for me it´s essential that the liveview on the back works while I am being tethered to my computer. I don´t want to unplug the cable every time I need to check focus using the liveview on the back.
Does anyone know if it works?
I checked with the local Hasselblad dealer and it does not work on the Hasselblad CFV, so this one is not an option anymore.
Thanks for your help, best,
Oliver
-
Yes.
With the Credo 50, IQ150, IQ250 and IQ350 Live View can be used on the high-res touch screen on the LCD of the digital back or on the computer in Capture One. In the case of the IQ250 and IQ350 you can also access live view via WiFi on any iOS device.
Also, while shooting tethered the most recent 10 captures are available on the digital back LCD. In the case of the IQ150/250/350 this includes the Focus Mask, which is great for fine tuning the placement of Sheimflug movements.
Doug
-
Hi Doug,
thanks for your reply, but that does not exactly answer my question.
Maybe I have to be more precise. There are two scenarios I am thinking of:
1. When the Credo 50 is being tethered to Capture One and I activate the live view via my computer, will the live image also be displayed on the back?
2. When the Credo 50 is being tethered to Capture One and a connection is established, hence it´s ready to transfer captured images, can I activate the liveview on the back to use the liveview to focus let´s say a Cambo Actus for example?
Thanks,
Oliver
-
Hi Doug,
thanks for your reply, but that does not exactly answer my question.
Maybe I have to be more precise. There are two scenarios I am thinking of:
1. When the Credo 50 is being tethered to Capture One and I activate the live view via my computer, will the live image also be displayed on the back?
2. When the Credo 50 is being tethered to Capture One and a connection is established, hence it´s ready to transfer captured images, can I activate the liveview on the back to use the liveview to focus let´s say a Cambo Actus for example?
1. No
2. Yes
Are you aware of any camera for which #1 is possible?
-
Thanks for clearifying things, Doug.
I suppose with the Sony A7r Scenario No. 1 should be possible, but I would have to test it.
For me it´s more important to have the liveview on the back/camera working without having to remove the cable from the camera, when being tethered.
Nikon really sucks in that respect, whereas Canon and Sony work.
-
I suppose with the Sony A7r Scenario No. 1 should be possible, but I would have to test it.
I don't think so, but do you have an A7r to test this? I would love to know for sure.
-
Yes, I have one.
I´ll test it once I am in the the studio later this week.
-
I tried to test it, but guess what.
Sony, in the process of firmware upgrades, ditched the liveview support for the a7r in Capture One completely. It was available in earlier versions. Unfortunately I upgraded the camera´s firmware and there is no way back.
a7, a7-s, a7 II seem to work according to info on the web, but the a7r, where it makes the most sense in a studio surrounding is left out.
I really don´t know what´s going on in those companies?!
If anyone is interested, I am ready to sell my A7r, with Hama/Spiratone Tilt-Shift bellows and Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon 2.8/50mm and Apo Rodagon N 4/80mm
Cheers,
Oliver