Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: captdave on August 05, 2015, 12:36:44 pm
-
SHIPPED UPS
Good thing I got my order in 2 minute's after the A7R-II was released at B&H!!!
I don't have an expect delivery date yet, guessing Thursday or Friday (B&H are the best)?
CaptDave
-
I just ordered from B&H a Sony 70-200 G f/4.0.
Which will arrive first, this or my new A7R-II?
I hope both come tomorrow by 6pm, we will see!
The B&H race is on!
CaptDave
-
Just arrived, I love B&H!
Have to go.
CaptDave
-
Just a quick test with my new Sony A7R-II, arrived at 3pm yesterday. That's with my new Zeiss 16-35mm f/4.0.
I will have to do some Sony G 90mm Macro f/2.8 shots this weekend, should be good.
My Sony G 70-200mm f/4.0 is Out For Delivery, guess I have to sit home again today.
(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/20359385525_48e916f021_c.jpg)
CaptDave
-
Michael and I are out shooting with ours in the Palouse plus a ton of other gear. The A7rII is very nice. Enjoy as we are sure enjoying it. A camera done right.
Kevin Raber
-
I picked up a few things this past month.
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/506/19787470864_b93f098ae0_c.jpg)
CaptDave
-
I picked up a few things this past month.
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/506/19787470864_b93f098ae0_c.jpg)
CaptDave
Can you please keep the boxes carefully and resell all of that to me in 5 years time? :)
Edmund
-
I'm hoping these lens last past 5 years.
But, I do keep all the boxes in perfect condition.
CaptDave
-
I picked up a few things this past month.
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/506/19787470864_b93f098ae0_c.jpg)
CaptDave
This . . . is . . . just . . . killing . . . me . . . .
-
Remember, someone has to go on the Sony Site and put in all that warrantee information.
Batteries, chargers, filters & flash this month also.
Loads of cardboard from B&H to get rid of. I can't get across the living room anymore!
Not all a bed of roses.
CaptDave
-
First test of the Sony A7R-II & Sony 70-200mm g f/4.0, drove to West Point, NY on a perfect summer day!
I'm looking for a good travel lens package, this is perfect! The f/2.8's on a Canon or Nikon are wonderful...but heavy (I'm not that big, & getting older).
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/267/20270026430_b70c2aaf2f_c.jpg)
CaptDave
-
Aww, you're breaking my heart!! ;) Just kidding' Dave, best of luck with all your new gear! What are you using to process your files?
Kevin in CT
-
For a moment, I thought I mistakenly clicked on a DP Review thread ;)
-
Sony just put most of it's A & E Mount Lenses on sale, good news.
My new Zeiss 16-35mm f/4.0 & Sony 70-200mm G f/4.0, $100 off each. B&H just refunded me the money, $200 saved!
So, I just ordered a Sony $348 A7R-II Battery Grip. I will have this tomorrow from B&H!
This has been a good week for sure.
CaptDave
-
For a moment, I thought I mistakenly clicked on a DP Review thread ;)
;D
-
Sony A7R-II Battery Grip just arrived, I will use it at a local car show on Thursday.
May get the wife for her Sony A6000 the Sony/Zeiss 55mm f1.8.
I will have to reshoot the boxes again.
CaptDave
-
Sony A7R-II Battery Grip just arrived, I will use it at a local car show on Thursday.
May get the wife for her Sony A6000 the Sony/Zeiss 55mm f1.8.
I will have to reshoot the boxes again.
CaptDave
Where's our cat pic?
Edmund
-
...I will have to reshoot the boxes again.
I'll see your boxes and raise you mine:
-
Question for anyone shooting the A7 series cameras. Have any of you experienced photographing the really fast moving? Like an aircraft coming in to ground level and across you at 300+ mph? Would be interested in knowing how these cameras handle something like that.
Thanks!
-
First test of the Sony A7R-II & Sony 70-200mm g f/4.0, drove to West Point, NY on a perfect summer day!
I'm looking for a good travel lens package, this is perfect! The f/2.8's on a Canon or Nikon are wonderful...but heavy (I'm not that big, & getting older).
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/267/20270026430_b70c2aaf2f_c.jpg)
CaptDave
Dave,
Congrats on the new camera and lenses.
Now, I am not sure what is happening with the blurred high contrast ridge on the left, but the way it looks doesn't seem very appealing to me.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
I'm going to shoot Shelby's/Cobra's at SAAC-40, Shelby American Club 40th at Pocono next week (20-22nd). I will do my best with the A7R-II/Sony 70-200mm G f/4.0 on the track.
I didn't buy this from a Motorsports Lens/camera setup.
I know everyone raves about the Canon 7D Mk II for the track, or sports in general.
I was looking at a friends auto race photo's, he got wheel spin at 200th sec, best were around 160th sec.
That's all I can say.
CaptDave
-
The 7D2 has great AF for sports (2 processors + AF points) but not necessarily great image quality especially as the ISO goes up. In camera JPEGs look OK because of the NR applied. Just my $0.02.
-
Look forward to hearing about your experience with the Sony. Thanks!
I'm going to shoot Shelby's/Cobra's at SAAC-40, Shelby American Club 40th at Pocono next week (20-22nd). I will do my best with the A7R-II/Sony 70-200mm G f/4.0 on the track.
I didn't buy this from a Motorsports Lens/camera setup.
I know everyone raves about the Canon 7D Mk II for the track, or sports in general.
I was looking at a friends auto race photo's, he got wheel spin at 200th sec, best were around 160th sec.
That's all I can say.
CaptDave
-
Look forward to hearing about your experience with the Sony. Thanks!
Yes, will do...looking forward to it!
Just ordered the Zeiss 55 f/1.8 for the wife's A6000, she wants to get in our new FE action.
She shoots Jpeg and puts it right from the camera to online. This lens should work.
We has a Sony A77/A350 before. She had 2 kit lens & I had the 18-250mm vacation tourist lens. Loads of correction in Photoshop was needed.
I've...we have made a HUGE jump this past month or so.
CaptDave
-
Just received mine on Monday....I have to say that I am impressed so far. Higher ISO is better on my A7S at first glance but, I plan on doing a full review of both side by side this weekend with the 55 f/1.8 (only lens I own for this system so far).
Sony is on the move.....
-
Well, I will see how well the 7D2 does for wildlife/ birds in flight photos. I can live with less image quality if I can use a lightweight camera and lens combo - 7D2 and 400 f/5.6L are approx. 2 kg., handholding is easy (only a few oz heavier than same lens on 60D). Yes, I can get better image quality with a FF camera and a 600mm lens, but at a bigger price in cost and weight.
-
SHIPPED UPS
Good thing I got my order in 2 minute's after the A7R-II was released at B&H!!!
I don't have an expect delivery date yet, guessing Thursday or Friday (B&H are the best)?
CaptDave
Dave, When did you place your order?
-
Dave, When did you place your order?
The A7R-II was released for Pre-Sale a couple month ago, at 11:00am. I got my order in at B&H at 11:02am, not bad (still had about 330 ahead of me).
I really wanted this one.
CaptDave
-
The A7R-II was released for Pre-Sale a couple month ago, at 11:00am. I got my order in at B&H at 11:02am, not bad (still had about 330 ahead of me).
I really wanted this one.
CaptDave
I'm not sure I understand Dave. Are you saying that you ordered your A7Rii at 11:02 on the 5th of June? (And it was shipped on August 5th?)
-
I'm not sure I understand Dave. Are you saying that you ordered your A7Rii at 11:02 on the 5th of June? (And it was shipped on August 5th?)
Looked it up.
Ordered B&H 6-17-2015 11:02am.
Shipped 8-5-2015.
Arrived 8-6-2015 3:00pm.
CaptDave
-
Thanks Dave. The reason I was asking was because I just ordered one (8/6 or 8/7) and I had no idea how long I will be waiting. I guess I should expect a month or two (B&H Customer service couldn't help me any better).
Thanks again.
-
Thanks Dave. The reason I was asking was because I just ordered one (8/6 or 8/7) and I had no idea how long I will be waiting. I guess I should expect a month or two (B&H Customer service couldn't help me any better).
Thanks again.
This may be the most Pre-Ordered Camera in history, at least at the Pro Level.
B&H was swamped with calls the first day.
CaptDave
-
Testing new Zeiss 55mm f/1.8. Also picked up this week a Sony Battery Grip, $348 (not for the faint hearted).
I took some shots with my A6000 of the A7R-II with all my Pro Lenses, will post a few each day (nothing fancy). I'm not doing a product display shoot here, just some FYI Shots.
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/629/20605035491_77a97089e0_c.jpg)
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/566/20573156946_8dea978c6d_c.jpg)
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/779/20599828975_1a6c4ac88a_c.jpg)
CaptDave
-
Zeiss 55mm f/1.8, picked it up last Thursday.
Local Ford Dealer Car Show & Drive-in Movie last night. Only took My A7R-II/Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 & Sony HVL-F42AM (A Mount) / adapter ADP-MAA (around $22).
I shot every shot the this combo, worked great! I thought my old A Mount Sony Flash was history, not so.
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5679/20602220442_b42f6604c4_c.jpg)
CaptDave
-
I just went to click the like button on your post! ha!
-
I have been very busy the last couple weeks with my new "toys".
Went this week to SAAC-40 (Shelby American Automobile Club 40th), 3 day event (I did the first 2 ). 2 days of watching Shelby's & Cobra's (real ones), I was in heaven. There were a few perfect reproductions, just stunning.
Anyway...love my Sony A7R-II, and my new pro gear (Sony G/Zeiss)!
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/693/20816534905_4042eed5ef_c.jpg)
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5617/20792998195_08396a9b96_c.jpg)
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/650/20168796624_0c02bdd3d9_c.jpg)
CaptDave
-
My A7RII arrived today! Whoopee! I've taken one shot with it (a boring shot inside my office - so not worth sharing - and a little embarrassing too) and I'll get it outside tomorrow.
I was a little surprised that it came with two batteries, but I am not complaining! What I continue to be curious about is why (when the Nikons - and I assume Canons - have two cards to hold the big sensor files) Sony feels comfortable having only one SD card for storage.