Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on August 03, 2015, 10:26:23 am

Title: Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Post by: Kiwi Paul on August 03, 2015, 10:26:23 am
The sun broke through the clouds providing lovely light for this shot.

Paul

(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3670/10804456303_cf7a36af86_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/hsKErn)P1040585.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/hsKErn) by Paul Bousie (https://www.flickr.com/photos/41861038@N06/)
Title: Re: Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Post by: Jimbo57 on August 03, 2015, 11:09:12 am
By going to Skye in late autumn, you increased your chances of getting "interesting" light.

In common with the western highlands, the Hebridean islands rarely photograph well under a clear blue sky. I tend to like what, in Scotland, we call "shitey weather" but you have captured a nice in-between state and it has worked very well for you.
Title: Re: Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Post by: luxborealis on August 03, 2015, 08:26:28 pm
Beautiful work, Paul. If I'm not mistaken (and Dave can correct me if I am) this is the Quiraing - a spectacular area under any conditions. Interesting, I just noticed this... is the root word for Quiraing "rain"? ;)
Title: Re: Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Post by: Kiwi Paul on August 04, 2015, 02:33:26 am
Beautiful work, Paul. If I'm not mistaken (and Dave can correct me if I am) this is the Quiraing - a spectacular area under any conditions. Interesting, I just noticed this... is the root word for Quiraing "rain"? ;)


Thanks for your comment.
Yes I think it is Quiraing, I should know I've been there a few times :)
I've been fortunate and most of my trips to Skye the weather hasn't been too bad.

Paul
Title: Re: Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 04, 2015, 03:31:25 am
Lovely light and landscape.
Title: Re: Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 04, 2015, 03:07:39 pm
I've been fortunate and most of my trips to Skye the weather hasn't been too bad.

You do realise that is grounds for many people to hate you with a passion?

Great photo though
Title: Re: Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 05, 2015, 11:31:07 am
Wonderful light well-captured.