Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: leuallen on August 02, 2015, 12:12:33 pm

Title: Cemetery Montage
Post by: leuallen on August 02, 2015, 12:12:33 pm
The first is a small family cemetery out in the middle of the  cornfields. There is nothing close by, it is quite isolated and sits on a low, rolling hill. It is still in use as there were some recent grave markers.

I saw this large tombstone and thought it would make a good composition so I took some overall scenes. Then I moved in to read the inscription and I became quite emotional. To lose two babies and a young child must have been a very sad burden for this family.

The second image is of the grave marker of baby Deborah. It is located in a city cemetery of a very small farming community. It is at the far end of the cemetery, small, isolated and alone. This struck me as very strange as in the rest of the cemetery there are many markers close together. I often wonder why this is. I took this image three years ago and even now stop to think about it.

I just noticed that these two images were taken on the same day of the same month three years apart.

Larry
Title: Re: Cemetery Montage
Post by: Kiwi Paul on August 02, 2015, 12:49:17 pm
Interesting compositions, quite effective too.
I like them.
They suit monochrome too.

Paul
Title: Re: Cemetery Montage
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 02, 2015, 04:28:12 pm
Interesting compositions, quite effective too.
I like them.
They suit monochrome too.

Paul
+1.
Title: Re: Cemetery Montage
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 03, 2015, 04:11:20 am
Very strong compositions, resulting in very good images.
Title: Re: Cemetery Montage
Post by: Bob_B on August 03, 2015, 09:37:47 am
+1. Very evocative.
Title: Re: Cemetery Montage
Post by: langier on August 03, 2015, 01:41:06 pm
Well done with the conveyance of the heartfelt emotion of the spirit.
Title: Re: Cemetery Montage
Post by: Otto Phocus on August 03, 2015, 04:10:43 pm
Cemeteries are a favourite subject of my photography.  Thanks for posting these interesting shots.
Title: Re: Cemetery Montage
Post by: jerryw on August 05, 2015, 12:37:18 pm
The first is a small family cemetery out in the middle of the  cornfields. There is nothing close by, it is quite isolated and sits on a low, rolling hill. It is still in use as there were some recent grave markers.

I saw this large tombstone and thought it would make a good composition so I took some overall scenes. Then I moved in to read the inscription and I became quite emotional. To lose two babies and a young child must have been a very sad burden for this family.

The second image is of the grave marker of baby Deborah. It is located in a city cemetery of a very small farming community. It is at the far end of the cemetery, small, isolated and alone. This struck me as very strange as in the rest of the cemetery there are many markers close together. I often wonder why this is. I took this image three years ago and even now stop to think about it.

I just noticed that these two images were taken on the same day of the same month three years apart.

Larry

Great/ emotive composition in the 2nd image.  I would love to see a couple of alternate compositions of the same subject if you have them.