Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: tom b on August 01, 2015, 05:20:30 am
-
How to squinch: the new go-to facial pose on Instagram and the red carpet.
Forget about the sparrowface, the smize and the duckface – this year’s essential look is the half-squint championed by New York photographer Peter Hurley.
The Guardian article (http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2015/jul/31/squinching-facial-phenomenon-taking-over-red-carpet).
If anything, it's good for a laugh.
Cheers,
-
Forget about the sparrowface, the smize and the duckface – this year’s essential look is the half-squint championed by New York photographer Peter Hurley.
Except that it's not this year - 'The Squinch' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7nltdBCHs&list=TLqEL7UmRSdswCzJYobQTCcOGs4SXiB51t) dates back to Nov 2013 and add 'The Jaw' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe3oJnFtA_k) which goes back to Feb 2012.
Great reporting by The Guardian with a totally incorrect and unconnected video link to boot.
-
Ah, the Squinch who stole Christmas! :D
-
I think that's how my wife got me.
-
Hey wait a minute. Maybe that's how I got her. I've got a squinch in my avatar.