Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sierraman on July 31, 2015, 10:49:39 am

Title: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: sierraman on July 31, 2015, 10:49:39 am
Another image from a recent trip to the Toroweap area. Sure, it may not have looked exactly like this but what the heck.  :)
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: luxborealis on July 31, 2015, 10:54:01 am
It's a great photograph of a scene that should stand on its own without over-processing. If you feel the need to exert your processing muscle, try it in B&W.

If you like it as is then keep it, but try raising the values of the upper branches of the tree at left as it appears they are darker due to a mask over the sky.
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: PeterAit on July 31, 2015, 11:04:02 am
The Colorado River is now purple? Mamma mia, this I have got to see for myself.
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: sierraman on July 31, 2015, 11:14:46 am
It's a great photograph of a scene that should stand on its own without over-processing. If you feel the need to exert your processing muscle, try it in B&W.

If you like it as is then keep it, but try raising the values of the upper branches of the tree at left as it appears they are darker due to a mask over the sky.

Believe it or not the top part of the tree was completely black like it had caught on fire at some point. I may try it in B&W but I was just having some fun with this particular image.  :)
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: framah on July 31, 2015, 11:20:46 am
(http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/framah/Tweird%20oroweap%202_zps3zdtc49u.jpg) (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/framah/media/Tweird%20oroweap%202_zps3zdtc49u.jpg.html)

There. Fixed that for you. :o

You're welcome.  ;D
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: polaris-14 on July 31, 2015, 11:25:50 am
I thought it was because of the use of a graduated filter. That's interesting though, maybe it was struck by lightning long time ago and then it started growing again.
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: sierraman on July 31, 2015, 09:49:14 pm
(http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/framah/Tweird%20oroweap%202_zps3zdtc49u.jpg) (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/framah/media/Tweird%20oroweap%202_zps3zdtc49u.jpg.html)

There. Fixed that for you. :o

You're welcome.  ;D
Look guy, I was just having some fun. I guess you win the biggest "A$$ Hole" award on this forum.  :)
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: bretedge on August 01, 2015, 08:27:55 am
Fantastic composition and scene.  I'm not on my calibrated monitor but none of the colors look oversaturated on this screen.  Some of the shadows might be a bit bright and I'd be tempted to keep the highlights where they are but deepen the shadows a touch. This one will work beautifully in black and white, too.
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: framah on August 01, 2015, 09:17:06 am
WOW, Sierraman! Did you ever get it wrong!! I was having fun with you! I find it hard to figure out how you decided I was  being malicious with my reworking of your image.
The title of your post even says there was some embellishment so I just added to that.

So, I guess you should put your A**hole award back on your shelf

Seriously, guy, unbunch your panties and  learn when someone is kidding around.

Sheeesh! ::)
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: sierraman on August 01, 2015, 10:31:35 am
WOW, Sierraman! Did you ever get it wrong!! I was having fun with you! I find it hard to figure out how you decided I was  being malicious with my reworking of your image.
The title of your post even says there was some embellishment so I just added to that.

So, I guess you should put your A**hole award back on your shelf

Seriously, guy, unbunch your panties and  learn when someone is kidding around.

Sheeesh! ::)
Look, maybe I got it wrong, but I don't thinks it's at all funny to manipulate somebody's image weather it's good, bad, or indifferent. I like to poke fun as much as anyone but it just didn't appear that was the message you were putting out there. I'll take the blame and move on.  ;D
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: framah on August 01, 2015, 11:08:39 am
...and I promise to not mess with any more of your images.
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 03, 2015, 04:25:07 am
Indeed some things do not look "normal", but it is an image with lots of potential.
Title: Re: Grand Canyon...Warning:Some Embellishment Here
Post by: Telecaster on August 03, 2015, 04:55:34 pm
Beautiful part of the park. I like the composition a lot too. The saturation & texture don't do it for me—IMO this kind of tonal/textural approach works better in monochrome—but I'm a "do your own thing" kinda guy, so have at it.  :)

-Dave-