Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on July 31, 2015, 09:41:47 am

Title: Lens Questions
Post by: JoeKitchen on July 31, 2015, 09:41:47 am
I was wondering a few things about customizing lenses. 

Can you take a fixed aperture lens and install an aperture in it?  (I realize this may require having a custom lens barrel designed and made.) 

Can you install a leaf shutter into a lens that was not originally designed for a leaf shutter?  If so, would it be difficult to install a sync onto the lens mount so the camera body registers the exposure (assuming the camera body was designed to use lenses with leaf shutters)? 
Title: Re: Lens Questions
Post by: sgilbert on July 31, 2015, 09:59:51 am
SKGrimes does some lens remount:  http://www.skgrimes.com/lens-mounting

I'd call them and ask.
Title: Re: Lens Questions
Post by: JoeKitchen on July 31, 2015, 10:20:47 am
Thank you Steve.  I will reach out to them for their opinion.  Joe