Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on July 30, 2015, 12:01:00 pm

Title: Trying to get away from studio
Post by: wmchauncey on July 30, 2015, 12:01:00 pm
Serenity

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/water%20and%20sky%20and%20gazebo%20final%20copy.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/water%20and%20sky%20and%20gazebo%20final%20copy.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Trying to get away from studio
Post by: spidermike on July 30, 2015, 12:10:39 pm
very, very nice.  ;D

I think I would prefer a tad of the top - not a huge amount (I think it is one of those cases where the 'rule of thirds' would be too much) but just enough to put the visual bias to following the calm sea to the horizon wander (at the moment I keep bouncing twixt sea and sky).



Title: Re: Trying to get away from studio
Post by: RSL on July 31, 2015, 11:49:50 am
Best not to put the horizon dead center like that unless there's a specific reason do do it. This would be a great image to watch for a while if you were having trouble sleeping.
Title: Re: Trying to get away from studio
Post by: wmchauncey on July 31, 2015, 12:33:31 pm
Point taken...thanks guys!
Title: Re: Trying to get away from studio
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 31, 2015, 04:51:17 pm
Very nice, William. But I have to agree with Russ and Mike about placing the horizon mid center.