Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: NancyP on July 29, 2015, 01:05:23 pm

Title: Drone landscape at Karakoram, Himalayas
Post by: NancyP on July 29, 2015, 01:05:23 pm
This is in the Guardian photos of the day collection, and I thought it was cool, so here is the link:
http://www.theguardian.com/global/gallery/2015/jul/29/photo-highlights-of-the-day#img-8
Title: Re: Drone landscape at Karakoram, Himalayas
Post by: David Anderson on July 29, 2015, 11:14:07 pm
That's a great shot.
Title: Re: Drone landscape at Karakoram, Himalayas
Post by: BradSmith on July 30, 2015, 12:05:01 am
How can a hovering drone take a long enough exposure to get that many sharply focused stars?  Yes, I recognize it is thinner atmosphere and no light pollution problems, but I can't believe those factors can account for this.  
Any thoughts from you night sky photographers??
Brad
Title: Re: Drone landscape at Karakoram, Himalayas
Post by: BradSmith on July 31, 2015, 08:12:27 pm
Thanks Sharon.  Makes sense now.