Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: David Watson on July 29, 2015, 11:47:49 am

Title: Sony A7R Mk 2 in stock in UK and poss. elsewhere
Post by: David Watson on July 29, 2015, 11:47:49 am
It would appear that Sony may have "embargoed" announcement of availability of the new Sony A7R Mk 2 until next week which has prevented dealers from advertising availability.  Some dealers in the UK however have now got stock as of the 30th July.  This may be true of other countries as well.  Worth checking out your local dealer with a discrete phone call if you are looking to buy this camera.
 :o
Title: Re: Sony A7R Mk 2 in stock in UK and poss. elsewhere
Post by: Hywel on July 29, 2015, 05:41:05 pm
I have mine on pre-order from Wex Photographic (UK). It is on the lorry to be delivered tomorrow. So looks like they are shipping, yes :)

I'm unreasonably excited- last time I've bought a camera mostly for stills was over five years ago (Hasselblad) and I'm really hoping the A7RII will complement it very nicely for available light stuff. I know, I know, gear does not make you a better photographer and all that. But still I'm looking forward to some 5-axis stabilised low noise high DR goodness from it.

Cheers, Hywel
Title: Re: Sony A7R Mk 2 in stock in UK and poss. elsewhere
Post by: adrian tyler on July 30, 2015, 08:56:51 am
they have arrived in madrid...
the dealer was expecting them...
Title: Re: Sony A7R Mk 2 in stock in UK and poss. elsewhere
Post by: David Watson on August 01, 2015, 10:40:26 am
Turned up yesterday and on first inspection of some test shots it is everything that we were led to expect.  Looking forward to Michael's review in due course.
Title: Re: Sony A7R Mk 2 in stock in UK and poss. elsewhere
Post by: captdave on August 04, 2015, 03:28:55 pm
Ordered mine from B&H 2 minutes after it was released for ordering.

It would be wonderful if tomorrow I get that email from B&H that says: Shipping

CaptDave
Title: Re: Sony A7R Mk 2 in stock in UK and poss. elsewhere
Post by: dlavay on August 05, 2015, 12:30:08 pm
B&H shipped my order UPS this am, verified online, via email and UPS directly. We will now see what this newest offering from Sony can, and cannot, do.