Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: redoleary on July 27, 2015, 04:51:15 pm

Title: Stacked filters/long exposure
Post by: redoleary on July 27, 2015, 04:51:15 pm
Tried stacking the Big & Little Stoppers and got this, which I rather like. :)  Maybe it's a little "done to death" but I can't help what I like.  Thoughts?

(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nk1oJ3LLGkS-ye-OOCJgn09Awam6jDsTZmVcJYDxMIw=w880-h1318-no)
Title: Re: Stacked filters/long exposure
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on July 29, 2015, 05:42:00 am
I like it, very much: it's technically well executed (as far as I can tell).

I also think that the shot would be more interesting if it was part of a series of the same kind of shots because that would lead to a more coherent interpretation.

Title: Re: Stacked filters/long exposure
Post by: stamper on July 29, 2015, 10:15:44 am
A fine image and the effect has been done to death but still appealing. 
Title: Re: Stacked filters/long exposure
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 29, 2015, 03:01:59 pm
Tried stacking the Big & Little Stoppers and got this, which I rather like. :)  Maybe it's a little "done to death" but I can't help what I like.  Thoughts?

Fine shot. There's a reason that clichés have become clichéd: they look good.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Stacked filters/long exposure
Post by: redoleary on July 29, 2015, 03:41:04 pm
Thank you all, much appreciated. 
I'm a little late to get on the band wagon with these long exposures so it's still new to me, but I see lots of it on 500px etc.....sill like it tho'. :)

Thanks again.
Title: Re: Stacked filters/long exposure
Post by: Colorado David on July 29, 2015, 10:46:14 pm
I really like it, but can't help thinking it is tilting slightly left.
Title: Re: Stacked filters/long exposure
Post by: redoleary on July 30, 2015, 08:47:17 am
I really like it, but can't help thinking it is tilting slightly left.

Thanks, I've tried to straighten it a hundred times and with the receding shoreline of the distant shore and the near shoreline of the island that's the best I could do, and to my eyes it tilts slightly right. :)  Maybe I'll try again.
Title: Re: Stacked filters/long exposure
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on July 30, 2015, 01:07:46 pm
Thanks, I've tried to straighten it a hundred times and with the receding shoreline of the distant shore and the near shoreline of the island that's the best I could do, and to my eyes it tilts slightly right. :)  Maybe I'll try again.

Hi,

It's just an optical illusion, because the shoreline is receding and not shot head on.

Cheers,
Bart