Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MTGFender on July 27, 2015, 09:28:48 am

Title: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: MTGFender on July 27, 2015, 09:28:48 am
Thie Big Island, HI.

Thanks for your interests.
_______________________________
Pramote
http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: Bob_B on July 27, 2015, 09:40:22 am
Very evocative and somber. I enjoy the tonality and composition. I'd consider cloning out those structures on the far right rear of the image, but that's just an opinion.
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: MTGFender on July 30, 2015, 12:03:27 am
Thanks very much Bob for your kind words and comment.
They are wind powers which I think giving more meaning to the picture.
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 30, 2015, 06:59:58 am
Excellent image of "where the land meets the sea". Very evocative.
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: David Eckels on July 30, 2015, 10:45:28 am
Very interesting composition. Sublime might be the word. Love the B&W rendering.
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: NancyP on July 30, 2015, 11:15:48 am
Very appealing tonalities, and the rain in the distance is a nice touch. Be thankful for bad weather! (Well, most bad weather - I can pass on the 99 degree F, 80% humidity kind).
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: MTGFender on July 30, 2015, 12:22:54 pm
Thanks very much Paulo, David and Nancy!
Bad weather is a guarantee for a good picture.
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: nma on August 01, 2015, 12:00:50 am
I was just perusing this board when I came upon this one. Like it very much. I see it is the Big Island, but where was it shot?
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: macphotography08 on August 01, 2015, 04:47:33 am
Nice composition.. Can you post color version of this picture...?
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: MTGFender on August 01, 2015, 06:35:14 pm
Thanks very much!
It's taken at the South Point. I've also attached the color version.
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: luxborealis on August 02, 2015, 07:50:01 am
You sure don't see scenes like this in the tourist brochures! Well done for working against the stereotype. Both versions are beautiful photographs. Even though I have a bent towards B&W, I think I prefer the colour version here with the contrast of warm soil and cold sky. It could perhaps be warmed up slightly, but overall, great work, Pramote.
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 02, 2015, 08:06:11 am
You sure don't see scenes like this in the tourist brochures! Well done for working against the stereotype. Both versions are beautiful photographs. Even though I have a bent towards B&W, I think I prefer the colour version here with the contrast of warm soil and cold sky. It could perhaps be warmed up slightly, but overall, great work, Pramote.
I share some of Terry's prejudices, but I think he is spot on here. Nice work, both versions.
Title: Re: A Rock on a Cliff
Post by: MTGFender on August 02, 2015, 08:28:44 pm
Thanks very much Terry & Eric for your kind.
I like this picture too. It gives me a feel of serenity.
As you said, South point was a very beautiful place and not a very well known place in the Big Island. It's absolutely well worth it to explore.