Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on July 24, 2015, 11:04:06 am

Title: Drangaskörð
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 24, 2015, 11:04:06 am
Drangaskörð (http://blog.parrikar.com/2015/07/24/drangaskord/), on the Strandir coast of Iceland.



Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: polaris-14 on July 24, 2015, 01:30:49 pm
Beautiful silhouette there. Iceland seems to be a place where you can just shoot anything and not get a bad shot. I need to go there some time.
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 24, 2015, 01:45:24 pm
Beautiful silhouette there. Iceland seems to be a place where you can just shoot anything and not get a bad shot.

Provided you remember to take off the lens cap :-)
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 24, 2015, 05:34:48 pm
I like the contrast between the soft cloud and sharp rocks. There seems to be a dark and light halo above the rocks on my screen.
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 24, 2015, 06:15:31 pm
I like the contrast between the soft cloud and sharp rocks. There seems to be a dark and light halo above the rocks on my screen.

Hello Scott,

No local adjustments were made to that area. It is probably the pullback on the Highlights. I'll fix that. Thanks.

Added: Updated.
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: luxborealis on July 27, 2015, 07:41:21 am
Beautiful silhouette there. Iceland seems to be a place where you can just shoot anything and not get a bad shot. I need to go there some time.

+1 - Another beauty, Rajan. Are you working on a book?
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: stamper on July 27, 2015, 08:38:12 am
A very fine image that doesn't need anything done to it.
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 27, 2015, 11:59:32 am
Thank you, Terry and stamper.

+1 - Another beauty, Rajan. Are you working on a book?

Yes, eventually.
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 30, 2015, 07:05:26 am
Beautiful.
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: francois on July 31, 2015, 08:16:06 am
I love the mood and the sawtooth silhouette, well done again!
Title: Re: Drangaskörð
Post by: Mjollnir on July 31, 2015, 09:48:36 am
It's good to see a different take on an Icelandic subject.   Well done.