Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on July 23, 2015, 09:45:48 am

Title: Long Exposures
Post by: stamper on July 23, 2015, 09:45:48 am
Three images that are different from what I normally post. A shipyard in Glasgow Scotland. The yard no longer builds complete ships and then launches them but parts of ships that are towed away for final assembly elsewhere. The cranes have been dismantled along with the stocks.
Title: Re: Long Exposures
Post by: SanderKikkert on July 23, 2015, 10:16:52 am
Very nice Robert, the colours, composition and processing are great on all three and I love scenes like these, yet I prefer #2 and #3, #1 suffers only ever so slightly from the long exposure 'washing out'  the reflection imo.

Best Regards, Sander
Title: Re: Long Exposures
Post by: BobDavid on July 23, 2015, 10:29:24 am
Rich subject matter. I see the possibility of a series. Are you able to come back to this location and catch it during different days/weather conditions, etc.? As one-offs, I think #1 and #3 are a notch above the second one.
Title: Re: Long Exposures
Post by: stamper on July 23, 2015, 12:40:33 pm
This scene has gone but fortunately I have a lot more that are similar. The shipyard has been partially dismantled so no replication by any other photographer.
Title: Re: Long Exposures
Post by: RSL on July 26, 2015, 12:12:15 pm
Fascinating stuff, Stamper.
Title: Re: Long Exposures
Post by: Hidden Grid on July 27, 2015, 01:00:42 am
I really like the 1st one. The 1st of the last two is the better one IMO.
Title: Very nice but .....
Post by: Tonysx on August 01, 2015, 07:37:32 pm
In one minute I can export one of these images to my hard drive, import it into Lightroom and make it look like midday.
Why not post an image with EXIF data?