Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: amolitor on July 21, 2015, 08:26:33 pm

Title: Sally Mann's "Hold Still"
Post by: amolitor on July 21, 2015, 08:26:33 pm
Everyone should read this book. It is astonishing. I've reviewed it on my blog, but I daresay more erudite reviews are available elsewhere.

She might just write better than she shoots, and she shoots very very well indeed. It's funny. It's insightful. It's about a great deal more than photography, but it is about photography as well.
Title: Re: Sally Mann's "Hold Still"
Post by: Telecaster on July 21, 2015, 10:20:22 pm
Total agreement on this one. Sally Mann is a terrific writer, and she's got some compelling stories to tell. I started browsing through the book late in the evening, a few days after buying it, and suddenly it was 3:30am. Fine, fine work.

-Dave-