Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 21, 2015, 01:46:46 pm

Title: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 21, 2015, 01:46:46 pm
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/466/19271040043_9149057960_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/vmV7P6)
Morning Shadows, Manhattan (https://flic.kr/p/vmV7P6) by Slobodan Blagojevic (https://www.flickr.com/photos/slobodan_blagojevic/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: MattBurt on July 21, 2015, 02:07:10 pm
I like it.
The framing with stuff in both of the lower corners works well and I find my eyes taking a little stroll through it all without trailing off somewhere outside the frame.
High contrast and deep DOF work very well for this too. I wouldn't change a thing!
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: Rainer SLP on July 21, 2015, 02:36:06 pm
Nice nice nice

Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: BobDavid on July 22, 2015, 08:38:47 am
Very nice.
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 22, 2015, 11:33:12 am
Ya, plus, plus
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: muntanela on July 29, 2015, 08:35:04 am
Great shot!
When I want to know the highest effect of the modern forms in the real life, I look at an urban shot of Slobodan ...
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 29, 2015, 03:35:35 pm
Yes indeed. Slobodan is a master at making cities look good.
Very, very nice.
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: RSL on July 29, 2015, 05:58:51 pm
Nice, Slobodan. Stieglitz did something similar but I'm not sure his was as good.
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: mgrayson on July 29, 2015, 06:02:29 pm
A compelling image. I keep looking at it. Bravo!

--Matt
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: Mjollnir on July 30, 2015, 09:37:30 am
+1
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: louoates on July 30, 2015, 09:44:29 am
Looking at just the light areas gives a most pleasing balance to the whole. Great composition decision to keep the satellite barely visible. Very nicely done.
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: David Eckels on July 30, 2015, 11:10:59 am
And you need to go to Santa Fe for an architecture workshop? :D I wanted a little more detail in the upper right shadow area, but when I opened it on Flickr, there they were! Thought I had ya for a minute ;)

PS Very, very nice.
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 30, 2015, 12:25:31 pm
Yep. I especially like how the light reinforces the crushing contrast of scales.
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: seamus finn on July 30, 2015, 03:10:28 pm
Yes indeed. Slobodan is a master at making cities look good.
Very, very nice.


I second that!
Title: Re: Morning Shadows, Manhattan
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 06, 2015, 05:01:04 pm
And you need to go to Santa Fe for an architecture workshop? :D ...

Yes. As much as I might be reasonably ok when it comes to exterior architectural photography, done with available light, I wanted to learn more about interior photography, using lights. That's what the workshop was about. You observe a master that takes 2-3 hours per shot to stage every little detail, from camera movements to furniture moving around to positioning lights. Quite an experience.