Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tektrader on July 20, 2015, 02:41:19 am

Title: Success.......... Z3100 belt replacement
Post by: tektrader on July 20, 2015, 02:41:19 am
Well, It took 4 hours and wasn't particularly hard just tedious.

Now back to working like a champ, I did have a question. What lube is used of the rail? The HP version is $100 Holy crap it isn't gold.

I put some silicon lube on it for the time being but want to get a synthetic oil as they specified.

Ideas?
Title: Re: Success.......... Z3100 belt replacement
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on July 20, 2015, 03:20:27 am
http://www.marklindquistphotography.com/HPZ3200_Repair_Notes_Mark_Lindquist_Photography.htm

search oil there and you get my recommendation Nye Hobby Lubrication Kit, the lightest oil has the same specs HP prescribes and that is about a Nye oil too. If to be ordered in the EU, check Micro-Tools.de in Germany.

edit, the Micro-Tools link was not correct.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2014 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: Success.......... Z3100 belt replacement
Post by: tektrader on July 20, 2015, 05:11:54 am
Thanks Ernst, Spoke too soon  I had an MY print head go down soon after I put it back together. Lucky I had a new one. All is good now.

I am going to order the oil off Ebay. Shouldn't take too long to get here.

 ;D

Think I may try to find a used 44 inch Z3200, This machine isn't as scary as it looks.....