Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: haring on July 19, 2015, 07:43:22 pm

Title: Lens belts - Which one to pick?
Post by: haring on July 19, 2015, 07:43:22 pm
I would like to keep my lenses on my belt while I am shooting. I have found 4 belts I like.
Do you have any of these? Which one would you recommend?

- I like the wider/thicker belsts hoping that they don't hurt your back... The thin ones may hurt my back... Any thoughts?
- Also, I would like to use any pouches for the belts... Some only accept their own brand pouches which is very limiting...

1. Lowepro S&F Deluxe Technical Belt (L/XL) B&H # LOSFDTBLX MFR # LP36285

2. Lowepro S&F Light Utility Belt

3. Think Tank Photo Pro Speed Belt V2.0 (Medium / Large, Black)
4. Think Tank Photo Steroid Speed Belt V2.0 (Medium / Large, Black)

5. Think Tank Thin Skin Belt V2.0 - L-XL-XXL

Thanks!
Title: Re: Lens belts - Which one to pick?
Post by: haring on July 21, 2015, 11:44:55 am
Nobody using these? I guess they are not as good as they look!
Title: Re: Lens belts - Which one to pick?
Post by: Otto Phocus on July 22, 2015, 08:21:18 am
There was a kickstarter with what I thought was a clever idea of using rotating/flipping lens cap like devices to hold lenses.  It was designed to allow the quick but secure switching of lenses.  Unfortunately, it was not funded. 

The products you linked to all seem too complicated.  There is a belt where I guess you have to attach a lens pouch, I guess.  Might as well get a Molle vest for a lot cheaper.   Both of then are going to garner a lot of attention
Title: Re: Lens belts - Which one to pick?
Post by: haring on July 23, 2015, 02:08:01 pm
There was a kickstarter with what I thought was a clever idea of using rotating/flipping lens cap like devices to hold lenses.  It was designed to allow the quick but secure switching of lenses.  Unfortunately, it was not funded. 

The products you linked to all seem too complicated.  There is a belt where I guess you have to attach a lens pouch, I guess.  Might as well get a Molle vest for a lot cheaper.   Both of then are going to garner a lot of attention

Thanks so much!