Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: The View on July 14, 2015, 01:19:06 pm

Title: What happens if you import a catalog?
Post by: The View on July 14, 2015, 01:19:06 pm
I just imported a catalog used in CO 7 into CO 8.

Looks like the import added the whole catalog into the primary catalog of CO 8.

And it converted it into the CO 8 standard - is this right? So I could actually delete the catalog that I imported as it is now part of the another catalog?


What feels strange: the imported catalog had 10 000 RAW files in it, and was 17 Gb large.

The main catalog only got 4 GB larger after the import.

What happened to the other 12 Gb? Is it that the previews have to be rebuilt (which only happens when I access a folder) - and then the database would grow?

So the smaller size are that the images are imported, but the previews not built?