Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on July 10, 2015, 03:18:27 pm

Title: hole in the wall
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 10, 2015, 03:18:27 pm
Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: hole in the wall
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 10, 2015, 03:37:44 pm
Hole in the wall? Here you go:  :)

As for the OP photo: nice. I would be tempted to open up that hole's deep shadows just a bit.


Title: Re: hole in the wall
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on July 10, 2015, 04:48:19 pm
May I suggest a square crop?
IMHO the left and right part of the image are both distracting from the main subject and lacking the "feature richness" of said subject.

I would also add a overlay layer with a circular gradient from white at the center to black at the borders, so to increase the brighness of the certer part and adding some vignetting.
But this may work for me because of my monitor.
Title: Re: hole in the wall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 10, 2015, 08:11:08 pm
Good comments from both Slobodan and Diego.
 It's fascinating, but not in the league with your recent Hoodoos photo.
Title: Re: hole in the wall
Post by: BobDavid on July 13, 2015, 10:42:21 am
There is a good picture in there. I think I'd leave it alone for a few weeks and then look at it again through fresh eyes. Cropping and PP options may become more obvious.