Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on July 08, 2015, 02:32:18 am

Title: Stye
Post by: BobDavid on July 08, 2015, 02:32:18 am
I had an icky morning at the beach. My right eye bothered me. And I forgot the gizmo to mount the camera onto the tripod. Annoyed, I didn't capture anything worth saving. I went to the doc and found out I have a stye....  This picture is a mashup of a messed up photo session. My stye has calmed down a bit--antibiotics and drops. Sheesh.
Title: Re: Stye
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on July 08, 2015, 03:17:22 am
I like the your photographs for themselves and I like them more for the way they speak of the photographer.
I would be tempted to think of your shots as self-portraits.
Title: Re: Stye
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 08, 2015, 08:23:11 am
One might say that you have made a silk purse out of a ... er, an  eye's stye.    ;)
Title: Re: Stye
Post by: RSL on July 08, 2015, 11:09:23 am
Not my cuppa tea, Bob, but very interesting. I like it.
Title: Re: Stye
Post by: BobDavid on July 08, 2015, 02:46:12 pm
Eye-Stye rhymes with Sci-Fi, Psi-Phi, and Hi-Fi. Why I wrote this serves no purpose. Eric's wordplay "eye's stye" grabbed my attention.
Title: Re: Stye
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 08, 2015, 05:26:08 pm
Eye-Stye rhymes with Sci-Fi, Psi-Phi, and Hi-Fi. Why I wrote this serves no purpose. Eric's wordplay "eye's stye" grabbed my attention.
;D