Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: greyscale on July 05, 2015, 12:02:45 pm

Title: Can Print Module User Templates be used by Windows and Mac?
Post by: greyscale on July 05, 2015, 12:02:45 pm
Am making some User templates in the Lightroom CC 2015 Print Module on a Macbook Pro running 10.10.3 for a networked  Epson 3880. Can the User templates I create be exported over to a Windows 7 desktop?.  Or, do I have to make a template on each machine.?  What would be different between the two templates?

greyscale
Title: Re: Can Print Module User Templates be used by Windows and Mac?
Post by: Wayne Fox on July 06, 2015, 12:50:39 am
I don’t think they would move across seamlessly but I’ve never tried it.  I’m assuming differences in the way the two OS’s handle the printing pipeline and maybe even the color management system might cause some issues.

But it could be the basic LR settings move over, meaning you may just have to tweak the printer setup and printer settings dialogs.

If you try it, let us know how it turned out.