Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on July 03, 2015, 11:30:26 am

Title: Sony A7 with Nikon 20 f1.8 G, anyone?
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 03, 2015, 11:30:26 am
The recent Nikon lens seems, on paper, to be a very good option to use as a wide angle for the Sony system. Any experiences here?

I have read several reviews of it's performance on Nikon bodies; the consensus seems to be that it is a very good lens (best 20mm Nikkor lens so far), at a very competitive price.

Perhaps a good future option for a wide angle on the A7 system.
Title: Re: Sony A7 with Nikon 20 f1.8 G, anyone?
Post by: Herbc on July 03, 2015, 11:39:25 am
I have one, have not tried it on my A7's.  I will be out this weekend with A7R  Ir, and an A7R camera.  I am particularly interested in focusing the IR camera with a lens built for AF.  I had some trouble in the past with Nikon AF lenses not wanting to focus at infinity.  I will also try a Leica 19mm against it for image quality and focusing.
Title: Re: Sony A7 with Nikon 20 f1.8 G, anyone?
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 03, 2015, 12:03:11 pm
Thanks, looking forward to see your results and impressions. This Nikon lens is particularly interesting to me, since I already have a Novoflex adaptor for my 24 f2.8 AIS.

The 20mm lens would allow me to go a bit wider, especially for astro-landscapes, where some reports say it is not bad.

I know that with Nikon G lenses, the aperture is selected via the ring on my adaptor, hence, no accurate reading, but I would most likely set the ring in the middle, at around f11 or f8. No big deal.

Again, thanks.