Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: mikeodial on July 01, 2015, 01:03:32 pm

Title: Pentax 645D experiences?
Post by: mikeodial on July 01, 2015, 01:03:32 pm
I am seriously considering moving to film medium format digital to the Pentax 645d. I have two Hasselblad lenses from my 500C which there is a converter available (80 and 150mm *T lenses).

I take a lot of flowers and landscapes, and macro shots with my SD1 and 70mm Sigma Macro, and a lot of Pentax equipment already (K3 plus primes mainly)

I am thinking about the D FA 55 for the Pentax and a copy of the 120mm Macro.

Any thoughts related to this transition would be helpful.

Title: Re: Pentax 645D experiences?
Post by: Joe Towner on July 01, 2015, 01:37:56 pm
I see nothing wrong - the cost of a used D should be damn good by now.  Where in the world are you, as if you're in the USA, LR has a nice try and buy option. 

http://www.lensrentals.com/rent/medium-format/pentax/pentax-645d-for-medium-format
Title: Re: Pentax 645D experiences?
Post by: mikeodial on July 01, 2015, 02:23:17 pm
I am just outside Boston, MA.
Title: Re: Pentax 645D experiences?
Post by: Mike Sellers on July 01, 2015, 06:12:00 pm
I saw several of these 645 D`s sell for around $2,500 on ebay recently. Has to be the best buy in MF digital now.
Mike
Title: Re: Pentax 645D experiences?
Post by: Ken R on July 01, 2015, 08:51:22 pm
I saw several of these 645 D`s sell for around $2,500 on ebay recently. Has to be the best buy in MF digital now.
Mike

Oh yeah. I had one. It was very nice. At $2500 its a steal.
Title: Re: Pentax 645D experiences?
Post by: leeonmaui on July 05, 2015, 07:51:22 pm
Aloha,

I think you will love it, it's a very nice camera.
I've had mine for almost four years and it's worked flawlessly.
Lenses are reasonably priced and many of them have excellent properties.
I resently upgraded to the Z and wow really love this camera even more!
Had the D converted to infrared, and still don't mind shooting with it.
At $2500-$3000 it's by far one of the best cameras on the used market!