Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Lonnie Utah on June 25, 2015, 09:29:21 am

Title: Yellowstone 7/2/15-7/5/15
Post by: Lonnie Utah on June 25, 2015, 09:29:21 am
Hi All,

Headed north to see thermal features and woodland creatures next week. I'm obviously doing my own due diligence and site location research, but figured I'd make a thread for additional "don't miss" locations.

Obviously Yellowstone falls and Grand Prismatic Spring are high on my list. I also have rented a super telephoto for wildlife shots...

Will be there until the 5th, camping at Fishing Bridge RV park...

Thanks in advance,
Lonnie
Title: Re: Yellowstone 7/2/15-7/5/15
Post by: Lonnie Utah on June 25, 2015, 12:41:37 pm
Part of my google searching brought me right back here.

http://wyofoto.com/Photo_maps/Yellowstone_NP/Yellowstone_photomap.html
Title: Re: Yellowstone 7/2/15-7/5/15
Post by: 651roy on June 28, 2015, 06:31:50 pm
I have enjoyed the south west corner (Bechler River)also. Has many water falls. Does require some hiking, nothing from the road. My son got ill partway through my last trip, so only got to Union Falls-wonderful!
Title: Re: Yellowstone 7/2/15-7/5/15
Post by: prairiewing on July 28, 2015, 09:10:01 pm
So how was the shooting?  I'll be there for a few days next week.  I've never been there in summer, crowded?