Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Gary Mulcahey on June 21, 2015, 01:57:35 pm

Title: Digital 6x9 View Camera solutions?
Post by: Gary Mulcahey on June 21, 2015, 01:57:35 pm
I have some 6x9 gear I would like to buy a digital back for. None of the players really have anything. Does anyone know of someone making adapters in their garage or basements? Please let me know.

G
Title: Re: Digital 6x9 View Camera solutions?
Post by: epines on June 21, 2015, 03:01:43 pm
Can you be more specific? Arca Swiss makes a digital-back adapter for their 6x9 cameras. It's the same adapter their R system uses.
Title: Re: Digital 6x9 View Camera solutions?
Post by: Gary Mulcahey on June 21, 2015, 03:34:39 pm
Yes sorry. It is a Graflex. Takes a roll back. In very good shape. Works well.
I would like to press it into duty if I can find a solution. I will check the Arca site. Thanks for the reply.

Linhof makes an adapter also. Ok so the wording of my search criteria needs so brushing up. 😬
Title: Re: Digital 6x9 View Camera solutions?
Post by: epines on June 21, 2015, 04:12:19 pm
Got it. The Arca adapters only fit the Arca cameras -- they way they lock in is unique to Arca Swiss. But I'd check Kapture Group, eBay, etc. Not sure if a digi back adapter exists for the Graflex. Good luck.
Title: Re: Digital 6x9 View Camera solutions?
Post by: Chris Livsey on June 21, 2015, 06:02:52 pm
I'm not a Graflex expert, or indeed novice, but I read : Fit a back adapted for 4x5 (assuming your graflex has the graflok back system, not the standard ground glass spring back) then an appropriate 4x5 digital back adapter.
The Super Graphic-Super Speed Graphic has a Graflok/International back therefore any digital back made for 4x5 Graflok/International back will work.
Title: Re: Digital 6x9 View Camera solutions?
Post by: barihunk on June 22, 2015, 11:57:17 pm
If you look around ebay there are plenty that appear to be compatible with the graflock back like this one:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasselblad-V-Mount-Digital-Back-Adapter-Phase-One-Leaf-Aptus-4x5-Large-Format-/181601760461

Good luck with your quest!