Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Jglaser757 on June 19, 2015, 02:22:15 pm

Title: Some Files from LR Collections dissappeared.
Post by: Jglaser757 on June 19, 2015, 02:22:15 pm
I recently returned from a trip and discovered that about half of the files that I had put into collections in LR are gone.. They are still in my library, but the files seem to have magically been deleted from the all the new collections I created a month ago. WHY?
Title: Re: Some Files from LR Collections dissappeared.
Post by: Dan Glynhampton on June 19, 2015, 02:59:14 pm
WHY?

Difficult to know with so little information to go on. Have you perhaps inadvertently opened a backup catalogue from before you created the new collections?
Title: Re: Some Files from LR Collections dissappeared.
Post by: Jglaser757 on June 19, 2015, 03:29:56 pm
Difficult to know with so little information to go on. Have you perhaps inadvertently opened a backup catalogue from before you created the new collections?

Unless the settings had changed while I was away....i did not touch anything. I shut the program down before I left and when I opened it up they were gone.
Title: Re: Some Files from LR Collections dissappeared.
Post by: Dan Glynhampton on June 20, 2015, 03:05:24 am
Unless the settings had changed while I was away....i did not touch anything. I shut the program down before I left and when I opened it up they were gone.

Do you have a backup of the catalogue taken shortly before you went away? If so it would be worth taking a look to see if the missing images/collections are in it.

The only other thing to suggest is that sometimes odd happenings can be corrected by renaming the preferences file so that LR creates a new one. If it makes no difference then rename it back.

Or, you might just have to work your way through your images adding the relevant ones to the collections again...