Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on June 19, 2015, 09:37:39 am

Title: an experiment
Post by: BobDavid on June 19, 2015, 09:37:39 am
starting to play around with a couple different concepts---this is sort of a sketch
Title: Re: an experiment
Post by: Otto Phocus on June 19, 2015, 10:44:59 am
I think the people and to some extent the sun are a distraction.  I really really like the abstract nature of the reflection from the sign.  That was a clever composition.
Title: Re: an experiment
Post by: BobDavid on June 19, 2015, 11:51:00 am
Yeah, there is something to that photo that shows potential and at the same time reveals flaws. I need to suss things out. The composition is off, but I think the color and the luminance values are okay. Making pictures is a lot like finding the pieces of a puzzle that fit together. Sometimes the pieces fall into place with ease, other times not.
Title: Re: an experiment
Post by: Bob_B on June 19, 2015, 07:01:22 pm
I see a lot of potential in your image. I can't quite put it in words, but something isn't right with the reflection (for one). I wonder if going one step more towards the abstract with the reflection (and maybe the people) wouldn't help. _Maybe_ is the operative word here. That offered, I like your idea!
Title: Re: an experiment
Post by: Iluvmycam on June 19, 2015, 07:25:16 pm
Freaky, like the comp!
Title: Re: an experiment
Post by: BobDavid on June 19, 2015, 10:25:14 pm
I'm onto the scent, but this will take awhile to figure out. Thanks for the feedback. It is helpful.