Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Ellis Vener on June 16, 2015, 05:55:56 pm
-
Hello all,
A problem came up today.
First a list of the gear involved:
Hardware: 27" Retina iMac and either it's built in SD reader or a Hoodman Steel USB 3.0 media reader, and a Drobo 5D
Software: OS X 10.10.3 and Lightroom CC release 2015.1 o the software side
Issue: simply put If I try directly importing to my well established Lightroom Library on the Drobo (catalog is o the 512GB Flash Drive in the Retina iMac) I get the attached error message.
I can see the files in the import window but they won't import.
I can however save them to a new folder on my desktop and then import them at that location, but not into the Library on the Drobo.
I believe I have looked at all my preference files but I'm stumped.
Help would be appreciated
-
Ive had this issue using a usb 3.0 kingston memory card reader, a firmware update of the card reader solved the problem.
-
Quote "I believe I have looked at all my preference files but I'm stumped."
That is usually the problem. Recheck the Destination location in the right side panel of the import dialog box. Ensure you have full read & write privileges to the all the drives and folders in the path including the destination folder. Something I think updates to OSX makes changes to permissions.
-
It did turn out to be an OS X permissions issue, one I had not encountered before. The tech support folk at Drobo walked me through the solution.
1) Open the get info window for the external drive or array
2) Check your permissions. They should read Read & write for the user and staff.
3) Open the lock with your password.
4) Click o the gear icon and choose "apply to enclosed items".
5) close the lock.
That solved the problem.
I also had to do this for the OWC RAID Array used as a backup when importing into Lightroom.