Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on June 16, 2015, 08:52:51 am

Title: Craftsman
Post by: seamus finn on June 16, 2015, 08:52:51 am
-

Title: Re: Craftsman
Post by: Otto Phocus on June 16, 2015, 08:56:47 am
I think taking a photograph of a craftsman (craftperson?) with their tools is a fantastic scene.

What I would have liked to have seen in your photograph is the craftsman using the tools, or holding what he was working on.  I found the hand gesture a bit distracting.

I think B/W was the way to make this photograph. 

Good luck on this.  What an interesting subject.
Title: Re: Craftsman
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 16, 2015, 12:50:50 pm
Very interesting image.
I agree that what the hands are doing is fairly mysterious.
Title: Re: Craftsman
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 16, 2015, 01:10:07 pm
Right place, wrong time ;)
Title: Re: Craftsman
Post by: Kerry L on June 16, 2015, 08:35:48 pm
Nice B&W, Street shots and candids  can be difficult to get perfect.

Although it's a bit awkward, it has some good elements.
Title: Re: Craftsman
Post by: RSL on June 17, 2015, 01:29:05 pm
It's a fine portrait, Seamus. The expression and the gesture make the picture.