Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on June 16, 2015, 07:53:57 am

Title: Orchids, no smoke and mirrors
Post by: wmchauncey on June 16, 2015, 07:53:57 am
Managed to get up close and personal

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/orchid-close-up-2-copy_1.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/orchid-close-up-2-copy_1.jpg.html)

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/orchid-close-up-copy_2.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/orchid-close-up-copy_2.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Orchids, no smoke and mirrors
Post by: PeterAit on June 16, 2015, 10:18:23 am
Very nice and a welcome change from the pretty but banal shots of orchids that one usually sees (some of which are mine, I must admit).
Title: Re: Orchids, no smoke and mirrors
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 16, 2015, 12:46:40 pm
Really nice. The first one really rocks.
Title: Re: Orchids, no smoke and mirrors
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 16, 2015, 03:06:39 pm
The first is stunning. I find the bright green in the second distracting and I don't like it.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Orchids, no smoke and mirrors
Post by: NancyP on June 16, 2015, 04:00:15 pm
I really like the first one.
Title: Re: Orchids, no smoke and mirrors
Post by: armand on June 16, 2015, 04:55:08 pm
The first is stunning. I find the bright green in the second distracting and I don't like it.

Jeremy

+1

PS. You might want to clone that left upper dust spot,  if it jumped at me on my cellphone screen it's probably too obvious to neglect
Title: Re: Orchids, no smoke and mirrors
Post by: wmchauncey on June 16, 2015, 04:57:23 pm
For what it's worth the second one was backlit while the other was more shaded.