Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: chuckn on June 15, 2015, 10:44:11 pm

Title: Monument Basin/Canyonlands
Post by: chuckn on June 15, 2015, 10:44:11 pm
Had the opportunity to go to Canyonlands last week. Took this from the grand view point overlook. It had been raining off and on all day. Clouds parted just as I set up to take this image.

Chuck.

Title: Re: Monument Basin/Canyonlands
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 16, 2015, 04:06:29 am
I like the image, the B&W works well.
Title: Re: Monument Basin/Canyonlands
Post by: francois on June 16, 2015, 05:42:55 am
I alway thought that Canyonlands NP is perfect in B&W and this photo is a good example. I like the mineral world and those clouds are fantastic.
Title: Re: Monument Basin/Canyonlands
Post by: chuckn on June 17, 2015, 12:37:13 pm
Thanks Paulo and Francois.

Chuck.
Title: Re: Monument Basin/Canyonlands
Post by: justiny on June 17, 2015, 03:27:54 pm
 Spectacular!!!
Title: Re: Monument Basin/Canyonlands
Post by: PeterAit on June 17, 2015, 04:46:49 pm
Excellent - and nice processing! I was there in 2013 and got some good shots, but never considered converting to monochrome. Based on your image I think I'll go back and give it a try.

Have you considered cropping a bit off the bottom?