Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: geesbert on June 14, 2015, 04:18:58 pm

Title: Leica Q's lens
Post by: geesbert on June 14, 2015, 04:18:58 pm
On paper (or rather on pixel) the Leica Q looks promising, but what in the world were they thinking of choosing a 28mm lens? are there any other people besides Ming Thein who like this as their default?


I prefer 35 or 50 with my M, with 50 being used 70% of the time. but a cropped 50 is rather useless on the Q (8MP?)

as I am on it: the viewfinder oval look shite!
Title: Re: Leica Q's lens
Post by: JV on June 14, 2015, 05:22:27 pm
On paper (or rather on pixel) the Leica Q looks promising, but what in the world were they thinking of choosing a 28mm lens? are there any other people besides Ming Thein who like this as their default?

For street photography, photojournalism and even environmental portraits it makes all the sense in the world, see also the Ricoh GR.
Title: Re: Leica Q's lens
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 14, 2015, 06:34:38 pm
Nikon made the same choice with the coolpix A.

I guess that the thinking is that you can always crop.

I would personnally prefer a 32.5mm.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Leica Q's lens
Post by: telyt on June 15, 2015, 01:53:10 am
A fixed-lens camera does nothing for me.