Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on June 14, 2015, 06:26:21 am
-
I find it difficult to find subjects like this because so many properties are fenced in and access is difficult. I live in the west of Scotland.
-
I like the convergence of elements, good one.
-
For me, the signs, in the context of the building, are what make take notice. It seems like, in it s prime, this would be a noisy, bustling place with big machines grinding away for hours on end. So, to see a "Quiet Please" sign is surprising. As well, I wonder, what the hack are children doing in a place like this that drivers must "slow 4" them?
Nicely seen, Robert.
-
Nice image.
Yes it is frustrating that so many photogenic derelict building are behind fences.
Terry,
Those two signs are a bit of an enigma. They certainly made you wonder what the building was used for. My assumption was that it was for manufacturing or a warehouse building. Now I wonder if it's part of a school or daycare? The signs look newer that the bricks and gate as is the #23 sign.
A mystery in B&W.
-
I find it difficult to find subjects like this because so many properties are fenced in and access is difficult. I live in the west of Scotland.
Nice treatment, with dark shadows still retaining some detail. The sky is a bit too grainy for my taste.
Jeremy
-
The building is in a remote part of Glasgow, Scotland, which I rarely visit so I don't know anything about it. The light was hitting it at a good angle to get a contrasty image. Thanks for the feedback.
-
I find it difficult to find subjects like this because so many properties are fenced in and access is difficult...
If I am not mistaken, most urban exploration photographers get past those fences and are basically trespassing, risking arrest (or injury) to get the shot. Not that I am suggesting that you (or I) should.
On a side note, that "4" in "Slow 4 children" is surprising. I thought that would be pretty recent use, a couple of years back?