Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 11, 2015, 06:19:38 pm

Title: Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 11, 2015, 06:19:38 pm
Now that Lightroom enables both quick HDRs and panoramas, I tested it on some older files:

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/419/18530956000_e4b264f88f_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/uevZBo)
Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise (https://flic.kr/p/uevZBo) by Slobodan Blagojevic (https://www.flickr.com/photos/slobodan_blagojevic/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 11, 2015, 08:08:01 pm
Very nice.
Title: Re: Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise
Post by: francois on June 12, 2015, 03:46:31 am
Beautiful, it's an unusual take of a classic. I love the fog!
Title: Re: Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2015, 07:42:29 am
It is very nice.

But, since as we all know, LuLa is an Equipment Forum Only, I have to ask: What brand and model of Fog Machine did you use to make this, SB?   ;)
Title: Re: Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 12, 2015, 09:51:23 am
Nicely balanced colours.
Title: Re: Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 12, 2015, 12:26:05 pm
... But, since as we all know, LuLa is an Equipment Forum Only, I have to ask: What brand and model of Fog Machine did you use to make this, SB?   ;)

Oh, you got me, Eric!

That was a difficult choice. I needed fog to be dense at the top, but less dense at the bottom, to show that line of trees there. In other words, I needed a machine with a great DR (i.e., fog Density Range). Then someone said it is not the machine, but the operator, and recommended this guy. I was quite impressed what he did with clouds:
Title: Re: Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2015, 04:21:19 pm
Oh, you got me, Eric!

That was a difficult choice. I needed fog to be dense at the top, but less dense at the bottom, to show that line of trees there. In other words, I needed a machine with a great DR (i.e., fog Density Range). Then someone said it is not the machine, but the operator, and recommended this guy. I was quite impressed what he did with clouds:
;D    ;D     ;D
Title: Re: Grand Teton Foggy Sunrise
Post by: Kerry L on June 13, 2015, 11:27:48 am
Oh, you got me, Eric!

That was a difficult choice. I needed fog to be dense at the top, but less dense at the bottom, to show that line of trees there. In other words, I needed a machine with a great DR (i.e., fog Density Range). Then someone said it is not the machine, but the operator, and recommended this guy. I was quite impressed what he did with clouds:

I trust that you paid him the premium for the environmentally friendly fog ;)