Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Chris1977 on June 11, 2015, 03:20:12 pm
-
I'm relatively new to DMF and have a question concerning my 645DF+. Do I have to use special AA batteries to get the camera and back to work properly. I'm asking since I ran out of battery during a shoot and could not charge the rechargeable battery. So I tried to use the AA battery holder, but I only got DB issues, i.e. the giles could not be written to the DB (Leaf Credo 60). I got home, charged the rechargeable battery and everything worked properly after that. So back to the original question, do I need special AA batteries to get it to work as a back-up? Thank you for your insights and shared experience! Cheers, Chris
-
AA batteries in the DF+ don't seem to work as well as they do in the DF. Best solution is the LiOn pack you have. If the voltage drops just a bit the comm issues you experienced seem to show up.
Paul
-
Thanks Paul, guess I need to buy another rechargeable one as back-up instead of the AA holder ;)
-
I'm relatively new to DMF and have a question concerning my 645DF+. Do I have to use special AA batteries to get the camera and back to work properly. I'm asking since I ran out of battery during a shoot and could not charge the rechargeable battery. So I tried to use the AA battery holder, but I only got DB issues, i.e. the giles could not be written to the DB (Leaf Credo 60). I got home, charged the rechargeable battery and everything worked properly after that. So back to the original question, do I need special AA batteries to get it to work as a back-up? Thank you for your insights and shared experience! Cheers, Chris
Actually you don't need special AA batteries to get the AA holder to work; as far as I can tell anyways. What you may not have noticed is that there is a custom function in the DF+ which tells it what kind of battery you are using (NiMH, Alkaline, LiIon) and you may not have set that, and that may be why you weren't able to use the DF+ on the AA batteries.
-
Thanks, I guess I have to actually read the manual and try this out.
-
Not sure if the credo has this (it should) but IIRC on my P back you can go in to body configuration and set it in a relatively painless way (i.e. not from the CF menu on the crappy top plate LCD)
Good luck
J
-
If you use AA batteries in the holder (great for backup), you should use Energizer Lithium AA batteries---not rechargeable AAs. And yes, it makes a difference. Otherwise the rechargeable EJJI/Phase Li-ion insert is what you need to use on the DF/DF+ for the most stability.
ken
-
Use normal AA batteries they are best and cheapest unless you are a high usage shooter then EJii is best. Don't use rechargeable AA due to voltage issues they are 1.25 volt