Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Neil Williams on June 09, 2015, 04:39:51 pm

Title: Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Jacobite
Post by: Neil Williams on June 09, 2015, 04:39:51 pm
Shot last year
Title: Re: Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Jacobite
Post by: stamper on June 10, 2015, 05:09:27 am
A nice set of images especially #2 I have been over the viaduct on many occasions but never on the steam train. The diesel train to Mallaig arrives at Mallaig after the steam train departs so I am out of luck. I like the processing.
Title: Re: Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Jacobite
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on June 10, 2015, 05:23:39 am
I like them very much, except for the third not because it's bad but because the other three are much better and that shot doesn't add much to the series.
Title: Re: Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Jacobite
Post by: stamper on June 10, 2015, 05:36:52 am
The third shot should have been regarded as a record shot. Not being dismissive. It shows what the engine looks like and a lot of people wouldn't have seen an engine like that in working order. It was correct to post it. :)
Title: Re: Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Jacobite
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on June 10, 2015, 05:40:11 am
Not being dismissive.
I'm not, that why I said that I don't like because the other three are much better.

What I meant was that the #1, #2 and #4 work very well together to tell a story also because the coherent "style and mood".
The #3, as you say, it's a record shot, that's why it doesn't fit IMHO.

But, again, that's not bad at all.
Title: Re: Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Jacobite
Post by: Neil Williams on June 10, 2015, 06:16:34 pm
Plan to shoot this again in September but from an outside viewpoint rather than inside the train
Title: Re: Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Jacobite
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on June 10, 2015, 06:19:15 pm
Plan to shoot this again in September but from an outside viewpoint rather than inside the train

I hope you're not talking about the bridge shot :D :D
Title: Re: Glenfinnan Viaduct and the Jacobite
Post by: Neil Williams on June 10, 2015, 06:48:48 pm
I have a map of where I want to go to get the shot will post it up in September