Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on June 09, 2015, 10:40:30 am

Title: Dining out
Post by: stamper on June 09, 2015, 10:40:30 am
Shot through a coloured glass window. No added saturation only sharpening.
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: Otto Phocus on June 09, 2015, 11:37:51 am
Either you have a lens with really crappy MTF curves...

or that's a pretty clever abstract.   ;D

I like the colour bands.

This almost looks like an impressionist painting.
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 09, 2015, 11:49:14 am
There is something to it. Given the level of abstraction, I would be tempted to move the legs in the upper left third to the right third, to balance the composition.
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 09, 2015, 12:44:36 pm
It's delightful as is, but I could also go with Slobodan's version.
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: RSL on June 09, 2015, 03:10:24 pm
It's very impressionist, but Slobodan's got a point.
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: BobDavid on June 09, 2015, 08:05:45 pm
I'm ready to go to France, sit back, drink some absinthe, and have a chat with the artists. But alas, no can do. I like the picture. If you print it, watch out for the reds. 
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: Bob_B on June 09, 2015, 08:09:11 pm
You have a great eye for scenes! It is so 'french' in the best way. (And, yes, I think Slobodan makes a good suggestion.)
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: William Walker on June 10, 2015, 01:14:14 am
Nice one, Stamper.

 I'm not sure I see what Slobodan is getting at, but I like it as it is anyway.
I can see it as a large print.

I'm guessing they don't actually allow the likes of you into their establishments - thus the need to take picture from the outside? 😀

William
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: petermfiore on June 10, 2015, 01:49:58 am
Nice image...If you feel the need, you could also try darkening the torso of figure on the right to lend balance.
But I like it as is...

Peter
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: stamper on June 10, 2015, 04:52:04 am
Unusually for me I decided to not process the image other than sharpening. I imported the image to LR and I didn't move any of the sliders. The image changed slightly because LR does that because of the tone boost it adds. Not Linear. Moved it to PS and used the High pass filter to sharpen. If I had decided to process it I think it would have been one of those type of images that you would have been processing for ever and not been happy with? Thanks for the ideas.
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: stamper on June 10, 2015, 04:55:28 am
Nice one, Stamper.

 I'm not sure I see what Slobodan is getting at, but I like it as it is anyway.
I can see it as a large print.

I'm guessing they don't actually allow the likes of you into their establishments - thus the need to take picture from the outside? 😀

William

William it was the other way around. The diner was eating in a pavement dining area and I was inside a museum looking through a coloured glass window. However I know where you are coming from.  ;)
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on June 10, 2015, 05:25:41 am
Real cool, I like it.
Title: Re: Dining out
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 10, 2015, 12:57:34 pm
It's intriguing. I think Slobodan's suggestion would give it better balance.

Jeremy