Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Ambrazier on June 09, 2015, 04:17:04 am

Title: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: Ambrazier on June 09, 2015, 04:17:04 am
hi all, my first post here - so i decided to contribute with some pictures which i took next to where i live (ie last october in switzerland).

happy to get any qualified input / feedback.  :)


(http://www.robert-korizek.com/img/s12/v177/p411759418-4.jpg)

(http://www.robert-korizek.com/img/s8/v80/p705645822-4.jpg)

(http://www.robert-korizek.com/img/s12/v175/p952734720-4.jpg)

(http://www.robert-korizek.com/img/s5/v124/p386421769-4.jpg)


the pictures were taken here: https://www.google.ch/maps/@46.4430002,9.7238429,13z
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 09, 2015, 04:51:49 am
I wish I lived there - mountains <drool>

Some great colour in the trees. Number three is a beaut.
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: KMRennie on June 09, 2015, 07:22:41 am
Welcome. I like them all #2 my favourite.
Ken
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 09, 2015, 08:10:06 am
They're all nice. My favorite is #3.

Welcome to the forum!
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: Ambrazier on June 09, 2015, 08:12:43 am
thank you, guys.

#2 is special in that regard that the sun was too low to shine on the dark bushes on the ground, yet it was still at the right angle to illuminate the yellow / orange trees which stood out. a matter of a few minutes, then it was gone.

#3: yes, a polarizer helped to refine the details of the sky. the same mountains in the background as in #4, btw.

eventually the pictures are too saturated, i think.
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 09, 2015, 09:46:33 am
Very good set. I like the strong colours, they take me there. The clouds in #2 could be toned down a bit?
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: stamper on June 09, 2015, 10:24:57 am
Very good set. I like the strong colours, they take me there. The clouds in #2 could be toned down a bit?

I heartily agree. Very impressive.
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: francois on June 09, 2015, 10:57:40 am
They're all nice. My favorite is #3.

Welcome to the forum!


I'm with Eric on this one, third shot is my favorite. The high saturation of those photos doesn't bother me at all.
Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: thierrylegros396 on June 09, 2015, 12:38:16 pm
They're all nice. My favorite is #3.

Welcome to the forum!


+1

It's "Saint Moritz" region.

Thierry
Title: Re: Autumn in Switzerland - New user first post
Post by: polaris-14 on June 09, 2015, 12:52:26 pm
Sometimes I wish there is only one season in the world. Fall is just an amazing time of the year to shoot pictures. So colorful and #3 is my favorite. There is an interesting mirroring between the mountain ridge and the tree line!