Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on June 08, 2015, 11:41:41 am

Title: Too Much?
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 08, 2015, 11:41:41 am
This may be one of only a few images in my project below that actually contains the cars themselves. I don't want the project to be about the cars or the race, but about the culture around Southern rural dirt track racing. I have distorted the image to exaggerate a sense of movement contrasted against the stability of the post and scale of the fence; whichever image i use here needs to represent the speed and car "part" of the story told. It will be the only distorted image in the project. Do you think it is too much?  thanks, -t


I am working on this image for possible inclusion in a project: "Tri-County Dirt Track Auto Race"
https://www.behance.net/gallery/26908357/Project-Tri-County-Dirt-Track-Auto-Race
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Otto Phocus on June 08, 2015, 11:43:18 am
No I don't think it is too much.  The motion blur against the sharp fence/pole makes for a nice composition.
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 08, 2015, 01:33:25 pm
Not too much at all. I think it accomplished your intentions very well so you can concentrate on the culture.
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: francois on June 09, 2015, 06:04:26 am
I like it and for me it conveys the spirit of the place (or spirit of the event) perfectly.
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 09, 2015, 05:32:18 pm
Thanks everyone, I feel better about it. -t